Helping you through
relationship breakdown

Child Protection Matters

Social services may become involved with your family for many reasons. Children may become subject to ‘Child Protection Plans’ and you may be invited to attend meetings. Social services may issue court proceedings for care or supervisions orders. Legal aid is available for all parents in such cases and you will be advised to seek advice from a firm with a legal aid franchise.

Legal aid is not always available for other family members (such as grandparents) who are seeking contact with a child in care or assessment for long term placement.

We can advise any family member who is concerned about a child.